I am a Full Stack Developer and Team Lead at Vizibl making a collaboration app to help large organisations get the most out of their supplier relationships.
My contributions include:
- Leading one of the development teams (squads), planning and architecting features, and mentoring junior developers.
- Leading development of the front end architecture:
- Using web components to create a future proof component system. Each component is an encapsulated custom element which frees us from specific ties to any framework or library.
- Introducing Typescript to the front end codebase and setting patterns for its use.
- Developing integrations for using redux with custom elements for global app state.
- Improving and maintaining the build tooling across the stack (including cutting production build times from over an hour down to around 10 minutes).
- Maintaining and upgrading the existing CI/CD infra on Gitlab/K8s
- Upgrade the tooling around our GCP stack to make it easier to deploy the full application using terraform and helm.
- And not forgetting feature development across the full stack.
My previous work includes:
- Making a complex mapping data visualisation tool in HTML canvas for the UK government. Typescript, React/Redux, Jest/Puppeteer.
- Creating an offline capable, cross platform, mobile working application for use in ship building. Typescript, React/Redux, Redux Sagas.
- Working on the Three commercial website creating modular, reusable components that can be assembled by (non-dev) content managers. Java, JSP, Fatwire (CMS), Angular.
As well as web technologies I’m pretty handy with Docker, CI/CD tools (Gitlab and Atlassian), and am a long time linux user.
When not coding I enjoy caving, canyoning, climbing, cycling and hiking.
Find me on: